Html stands for hyper text markup language, HTML is used for creating web pages and web applications. Its consists of tags surrounding content, Html code is rendered from the server side which is different from client-side scripting.
HTML defines the basic structure of the web page i.e. how it should look. Its is cross browser compatible which means it works well with all versions of browser including older browser, HTML pages are static which means its content cannot be changes
PROS and CONS of HTML
- HTML is simple and open standard
- It is easy to learn and their are some couple dozen tags, but most of them are used in common situation
- HTML browser are free and powerful which have many add-ins and server side content support
- HTML is a week very weak formatting tool
- Issue of stability and versioning
- Many non-standard extension available in market which have compatibility issues
A style sheet language used for describing the presentation of documents written in a markup language like HTML. CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheet, it consists of selectors succeeded by a declaration block.
HTML cannot be used in CSS files, it is used to make the web page more presentable
Pros of CSS
The main benefit of CSS has already been mentioned — it allows a consistent style to be applied across a number of web pages. If formatting changes are required then changing the style sheet will apply those changes in the whole code, where the alternative option would be to edit all the pages manually. Using web-level style sheets means that all responsibility for formatting can be taken by a single office or person even for a multi-national corporation with dozens of websites.
Cons of CSS
- Speed issues
- Different syntax to HTML.
- Requires access to external files
- Can easily be overridden