Difference between HTML & CSS
|HTML is used for the creation of the web pages.||CSS is used to control the styling and layout of web pages.|
|HTML file can contain CSS code.||CSS can never contain HTML code in it.|
|HTML comprises tags surrounding content.||CSS comprises of selectors succeeded by a declaration block.|
Advantages of HTML
· Simple to use and have loose syntax (although, being too flexible will not abide by with standards).
· Widely used, established on nearly every website and supported by every browser.
· Analogous to XML syntax, which used to an increasing extent for data storage.
· It is free as you need not buy any software.
· Easy to learn and code even to beginners.
Advantages of CSS
· CSS conserves your time by writing CSS one time and reusing the same sheet in several pages.
· Pages consume less time for loading due to less the code.
· Easy to maintain, global changes are easy to employ.
· CSS has better styles to HTML and a much broader range of attributes.
· Provision of multiple device compatibility.
Disadvantages of HTML
· As it is a static language, It cannot generate dynamic output.
· Offers limited security features.
Disadvantages of CSS
Fragmentation – CSS renders different dimensions with each browser. Programmers should consider and test all code across multiple browsers before taking any website, or mobile application live so that no compatibility issues would arise.