What Is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is the highly effective digital marketing strategyof sending emails to prospects and customers. Effective marketing emails convert prospects into customers, and turn one-time buyers into loyal, raving fans.
The Importance of Email Marketing
There are many reasons you should make email marketing one of your top priorities, but here are the top 3:
1. Email is the #1 communication channel. Did you know that at least 99% of consumers check their email on a daily basis? That can’t be said of any other communication channel.
2. You own your list. On any social media platform, your account (along with all your fans and posts) could be suspended or deleted at any time, for any reason, without notice. However, you own your email list. No one can take those leads away from you.
3. Email just converts better. People who buy products marketed through email spend 138% more than those who do not receive email offers. In fact, email marketing has an ROI (returns on investment) of 4400%. That’s huge! And if you are wondering if social media converts even better, think again: the average order value of an email is at least three times higher than that of social media.
Email is simply the best way to make sales online
TYPES OF EMAIL MARKETING
• The Welcome Email Series
• The Standard Promotional Campaign
• The Seasonal Campaign
• The Triggered Email Series
• The Post-Purchase Drip
• The Connect-Via-Social Campaign
• The Newsletter
• The Cart Abandonment Campaign
• The Re-Engagement Campaign
Email newsletters are the most common type of emails in email marketing. As the name suggests, they often contain news and updates, aiming to keep the audience engaged. At the same time, they are designed to gently push users towards the conversion. After registering with SendPulse, you can send email newsletters for free.
What is the purpose of an email newsletter?
Brands send email newsletters to inform their subscribers about recent news and updates. These emails have nothing to do with selling — they’re about building customer loyalty with the help of useful content. Below we considered several goals that you can reach by sending newsletters.
• Traffic increase. Email newsletters usually contain useful tips, how-to guides, short checklists with links to original articles and posts where users can study the subject in detail. This way, you can easily increase traffic to your website or blog.
• Brand awareness and recognition enhancement. If you share valuable and unique content, your subscribers will wait for your next email newsletter. They will associate your brand’s logo and sender name with the positive experiences they get from your emails. This is one of the steps to build brand authority.
• Increased sales. Despite the non-commercial nature of email newsletters, they can help you increase sales indirectly. For example, you can share a detailed guide on how to use your service more effectively or offer your recipients a case study of one of your successful clients. If this material looks reasonable to your audience, those who haven’t yet decided to buy will have more reasons to do this.
• Social media profiles promotion. If you have just created a profile of your brand on Facebook or Instagram, you can easily promote it by adding links to your email newsletter. Mention why your account is worth following and tell the recipients what information you share in social media. Note that you should create different content for each channel, otherwise, there’s no value for subscribers to join your community.