What is Mean Stack Developer?
What is MongoDB?
MongoDB is an open-source, cross-platform database which is written in C++. It stores data in the key-value pair, using binary data type like JSON. It is a document-oriented NoSQL Database. A document in MongoDB resembles an Object in OOPS
Mongo DB is an ideal choice for a database system where you need to manage large sized tables with millions of data. Moreover, including a field to Mongo DB is easier as it does not require updating the entire table.
What is Express.JS?
Express is a mature, flexible, lightweight server framework. It is designed for building single, multi-page, and hybrid web applications. This lightweight framework uses the Pug engine to provide support for templates.
Express is the de-facto framework for Nodejs and is draws heavy inspiration from Sinatra, the popular Ruby framework.
What is Angular JS?
AngularJS allows us to use HTML as a template language. Therefore, you can extend HTML’s syntax to express the components of your application.
What is Node JS?
Node.js uses a non-blocking and event-driven I/O model. This makes it lightweight and efficient, perfect for data-intensive real-time applications that run across distributed devices.
It allows developers to create data-intensive real-time apps that run across distributed devices. You can run Node.js runtime on Microsoft Windows, OS X, and Linux.
Advantages of Mean Stack
- Allows creating a simple open source solution which can be used to build robust and maintainable solutions.
- Helps in rapid development of applications
- Use a uniform language throughout your stack
- Uses very low memory footprint/overhead
- Helps you to avoid unnecessary groundwork and keeps your application organized
- MongoDB is built for the cloud
- Node.js simplifies the server layer
- MEAN makes code isomorphic
Disadvantages of Mean Stack
- MongoDB may be an ideal choice for small to the mid-sized application. However, it is not the best option for large-scale applications
- There are no specific general JS coding guidelines
- Once you have developed the first site using Mean stack technology, it’s really hard to go back to the old approach
- It offers poor isolation of server from business logic
- You could potentially lose records