HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language. It allows the user to create and structure sections, paragraphs, headings, links, and block-quotes for web pages and applications. HTML describes the structure of a Web page.HTML is not a programming language, meaning it doesn’t have the ability to create dynamic functionality. Instead, it makes it possible to organize and format documents, similarly to Microsoft Word.
- Easy to understand due to a relevant and memorable HTML tag.
- HTML is light weighted and fast to load.
- HTML is a free and open-source markup language, you don’t need to buy a single line of code to design your website.
- HTML have many tag and attributes which will short your line of code.
- Security Features is less in HTML.
- Consistently Efficient :- CSS improves web master efficiency, especially when applying and changing style elements. With CSS, developers no longer need to change each page one at a time.
- Improves Site Speed :- Less code simply means faster load time. When you use CSS, designers can reduce the amount of lines of programming for each page, which makes a website faster than the-other-site who does not use CSS.
- Low Maintenance :- CSS simplifies website maintenance and gives web developers and designers one page to manage, making it easy for web masters to format, manage, and change one element on any whim from one spot — everything is now easier to control and alter when compared with HTML.
- Fragmentation :- CSS renders different dimensions with each browser. Programmers are required to consider and test all code across multiple browsers for compatibility before taking any website or mobile application live.
- Different Levels :- There are different levels to CSS: CSS; CSS 2; CSS 3. This has been confusing for developers and browsers. One language is preferred.
Difference between HTML and CSS :
- HTML determines the structure and content of a web document while CSS dictates the display and design of HTML elements.
- HTML can incorporate CSS in its files while CSS cannot include HTML in its style sheets.
- HTML has tags surrounding it while CSS is surrounded by selectors that are succeeded by an element called declaration block.
- In HTML the method of use is not defined while in CSS you use an external and internal style sheet or inline CSS code.
- You can retrieve information from other pages through HTML while in CSS you can only enhance display across different platforms.