HOW TO OPTIMIZE TWITTER BIO
A good Twitter bio introduces you and your business to your audience and shows them what kind of content they can expect from you. Used well, your Twitter bio will be memorable, help you build relationships, and attract the right followers.
Recently, your bio has become even more important. Now when you follow someone, your full bio shows up in their notifications feed. Get it right and you’ll get more follow backs.
How Do You Get Your Twitter Bio Right?
A good Twitter bio grabs attention, oozes personality, introduces your brand, and sets expectations.
And if you think it’s not possible to do all of that in 160 characters take a look at this from Innocent Drinks. It ticks all the boxes and is just 103.
When constructing your bio you need to consider:
- Will you be easily found in Twitter search?
- Will your bio spark conversation and encourage people to follow?
- Does it accurately represent your business?
- Does it tell people what you do?
When auditing your Twitter bio, ask yourself:
- Are there any typos or misspellings?
- Does it tell people what I do?
- Is it easy to read?
- Is there a hook that will help spark conversation?
- Does the language in it reflect my brand personality?
- Will I be easily found in Twitter search?
What to Add to Your Twitter Bio
Here are 11 things you can consider adding. There’s not enough space to include them all on your Twitter bio … but pick the right ones for your business. You could see immediate results!
- Share your interests
- Be personal
- Tell people who you are
- Tell people what you tweet about
- Use hashtags (with caution)
- Cover the important stuff
- Tell people what you do
- Add humor