Search Engine Optimization: Mobile Search
Definition: Mobile SEO is the practice of optimizing your website for users on smartphones and tablets. Mobile optimization also includes making your site resources accessible to search engine spiders.
• In fact, 58% of all searches in Google are now done from a mobile device.
• This trend is growing fast. According to Google, their are 27.8 billion more queries performed on mobile then desktop.
• Mobile is the future of search. And that’s probably why Google is overhauling there entire algorithm to focus on mobile search.
• Today, 95% of all mobile searches are done on Google.
• And for google to retain this insane level of dominance, they’re going to tweak their algorithm so that it’s optimize for mobile users first……In fact, they already have…..
• Google rolled out its Mobile-Friendly update (which many people called “Mobilegeddon”).
WHY MOBILE SEARCH IS IMPORTANT NOW THEN EVER:
In this modern technologically advanced society, having a mobile optimized website is essential. It ensures that visitors who are accessing your site from mobile devices have an optimal experience. This designs will also account for different screen sizes and load times. You want to optimize site for mobile to ensure that visitors won’t simply leave due to inconvenience. When comparing website designs there are three different designs to look at:
• Mobile optimized
• Mobile friendly
• And responsive.
Mobile optimized: A mobile optimized website is by far the most advanced type of design. By being mobile optimized, the site will reformat itself completely for different devices. They are guaranteed to have better mobile web performance because the site will reformat itself for certain handheld devices. The process of reformatting ensures your website can engage a large mobile audience.
Mobile friendly: A mobile friendly website design is not quite as good as a mobile optimized site, but it will still load properly on all devices (desktop, tablets, and mobile). Websites need to be perfectly functional on all devices and the mobile-friendly option is a great choice to ensure that. A mobile friendly site will be easy to navigate, with large buttons and command options.
Reaponsive: A responsive design is a newer, ever evolving form of development that is very flexible regardless of the device. Using this design, it doesn’t matter which browser or device the user is using. The website will adjust based on the screen size of the device. This format allows for a lot of flexibility and is actually quite practical. However, as the reformatting happens automatically, it is important for the owner of the website to double check everything is working properly.