Before we start with the types of SEO lets just first discuss and understand what is SEO? SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization which is very important tool of digital marketing . It is a methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase the amount of visitors (traffic) to a website or a social media platform by obtaining a high-ranking positioning in the search results page of a search engine including Google, Yahoo and other search engines.
The page you are delivered to after you enter a search query is called the Search Engine Result Page(SERP). The SERP presents you with what are called “organic results” as well as “Pay-Per-Click ads” (PPC). The organic results are those that are influenced by SEO, while the PPC ads are paid for. It’s a process of understanding your customers’ problems and the search terms they use when looking for solutions online. Once that’s established, SEO becomes about engaging and demonstrate techniques methods for presenting that information in a way that helps it appear higher in the search engine results pages or SERPs.
An effective SEO strategy is to provide the right content with right information to the makes sure your ideal customers find your website at the top of search engines, which will create a steady and secured stream of enquiries. If you handle these enquiries correctly, this will inturn and generate revenue for the business. So this is how the SEO can be beneficial in business growth.
As now we know the basics of SEO, So now lets discuss the types of SEO.
There are seven types of SEO :
1. White Hat SEO
2. Black Hat SEO
3. Grey Hat SEO
4. Negative SEO
5. On-Page SEO
6. Off-Page SEO
7. Technical SEO
1. White Hat SEO techniques sticks to Google Guidelines but usually take longer and cost more to implement. White hat SEO carries far less risk and tends to deliver long-lasting and highlighted benefits over time. Most reputed SEO and content marketing companies use white hat SEO tools and techniques. It also helps in bringing the organic traffic on the website.
2. Black Hat SEO will get you where you want to go faster. It usually costs less because you are taking shortcuts to the top by going against Google Guidelines. In fact, many black hat SEO tactics are specifically called out in the guidelines as things you should NOT do. As such, they carry the risk that your website or content will rank lower, be banned from search results, or demoted the next time Google updates its ranking algorithm.
3. Grey Hat SEO falls somewhere in the middle of White hat SEO and Black hat SEO, as these tactics are not specifically called out in Google’s Guidelines. Be cautious while taking this path as it is not safe to assume that just because a specific technique isn’t labeled or mentioned it may mislead you and may get you into trouble, but it will shield you from demotion or penalty.
4. Negative SEO is the practice of implementing black or grey hat SEO techniques on someone else’s website with the intent of causing harm. Harming your competitors makes room for you to move up in search results.
5. On-Page SEO is somehow related with the content that is seen on a different/specific website you searched for. The On-Page SEO is basically built on the good, high quality and informative content which may help your website to rank on top while someone search for the specific data/content in search results.
6. Off-Page SEO refers to the offline activities which help the website to feature higher or rank on top of the SERPs. It also relates with the activities like building links with the other site, positive reviews given by the viewers etc.
7. Technical SEO somehow gives idea that it is related with the technology. The main goal of technical SEO is to ensure that search engine crawlers can crawl and index a website without any problems. This also lead the crawlers to move fast and find the right information and feature your website on top. Page speed is also an important factor; if your page loads slowly, you’re going to lose visitors, and you might be penalized by ranking algorithms.
So this is how the SEO works in different manner to make your wesite/content to be result in the top of Search Engine Result Pages(SERPs).