The SEO industry changes at such an extreme pace that every year marketers evolve their strategies and shift their focus. Obtaining backlinks — whether across authoritative sites or in web directories — remains just as crucial of a strategy as it’s always been. If you are involved in search engine optimization in any way, you know that backlinks are vital to a website’s performance.
Backlinks are created when one website links to another website. Google (and other search engines) consider backlinks to be “votes” for a page. In fact, Google’s original PageRank algorithm used backlinks as a signal of content quality. Many studies have found a correlation between backlinks and organic search engine rankings.
Importance of Backlinks:
- Backlinks are important for both search engines and end users. For the search engines, it helps them determine how authoritative and relevant your site is on the topic for which you rank. Furthermore, backlinks to your website are a signal to search engines that other external websites are endorsing your content.
- If many sites link to the same webpage or website, search engines can interpret that content is worth linking to, and therefore also worth ranking higher on a SERP (search engine results page).
- Backlinks are important for the end user insomuch that backlinks connect searchers with information that is similar to what is being written on the same topic on other resources.
How to Build Backlinks?
- Steal your Competitors Backlinks: The first place you should do your backlink research is from your competitor’s backlink profile.
- Guest Blogging: Guest blogging is when you write content for another website in your industry. From a link building perspective, it’s an opportunity to get links on relevant websites. But guest posts have other benefits such as getting more referral traffic and growing your brand.
- Link Reclamation: Link reclamation is the process of reclaiming backlinks that you should likely have in the first place. Some examples include reaching out to websites that used your images, logo, or any assets without linking.
- Create Link Bait: Link bait is the process of creating a content marketing asset that websites are likely to link to. Some of the best forms of link bait are data-driven content, free tools, and even paid tools. For example, examine the link profiles of SEO tools.
Getting unique and authoritative links is crucial for higher ranking in the SERPs and improving your SEO. Google’s algorithm on evaluation of links evolved in recent years creating a more challenging process now to get high quality backlinks. External links still matter and aren’t obsolete, so start working on Strategies to get valuable backlinks to improve your search visibility.
Harsh Sharma · July 28, 2020 at 12:42 pm
Amazing write up ..!!!
Happy · July 28, 2020 at 12:44 pm
Very useful information ??
Pramod · July 28, 2020 at 12:53 pm
Anki · July 28, 2020 at 3:25 pm
Thank you for sharing content like this. It is very informative.
Prakhar Sethia · July 29, 2020 at 4:18 pm
Well written? good keep it up ?
chagans · August 1, 2020 at 5:49 pm
Priyansh Batham · August 1, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Rohit patidar · August 2, 2020 at 1:39 am
Nitya · August 10, 2020 at 10:56 pm