What is Email Marketing?
Marketing your products or services by email can be a fast, flexible and cost-effective way of reaching new customers and retaining existing customers by encouraging repeat website visits.
Email marketing can allow you to create targeted and personalized messages. This can help you to build meaningful relationships with your customers. It can also improve response rates to your direct marketing campaigns.
However, it is important not to overuse email marketing. Receiving marketing emails can irritate people if it is irrelevant, too frequent or unwanted.
What is Email Marketing Campaign?
An email marketing campaign is an email sent from a business to one or more customers or prospects. A successful email marketing campaign will get the recipients to take action, engage with your business, and help you to get more leads and sales.
To start an effective Email Marketing Campaign always remember these points:
1. Build a Targeted Email list : The most successful email marketing campaigns start with an email list full of qualified leads that are interested in what you have to offer. The best way to build a targeted email list is to convert your website visitors into subscribers.
2. Know your Goals : All good marketing starts with setting goals, and email marketing is no different. To run a successful email marketing campaign, think about what you want to achieve. Typical goals for an email marketing campaign include:
- Welcoming new subscribers and telling them about your business and values so you start to build a relationship with them.
- Boosting engagement with your content and your business, whether that’s promoting a webinar or trying to make an initial sale.
- Nurturing existing subscribers by providing something they’ll value.
- Re-engaging subscribers who haven’t been particularly active.
- Segmenting your subscribers so you can send more targeted email marketing campaigns.
3. Understand Email Types : It’s also important to understand the different types of email that you can send.
1. The Promotional Emails, which talk about offers and sales and are self-promotional.
2. The Relational Emails, which give subscribers what you’ve promised, like a weekly newsletter, a free gift, relevant information they can use, and so on.
3. The Transactional Emails are usually triggered by subscribers’ actions and relate to an action they’ve taken on your site.
4. Know Your Audience : It’s always good to know your audience as it makes the work easier. You can know your audience through Google Analytics and Social Media insights.
5. Use Technology Wisely : The best marketing services have tools to help you create more successful email marketing campaigns. Look for features like:
- Easy campaign creation and automation, including templates and workflows.
- Integrations with software you already use, like WordPress.
- Ways to segment your audience.
- In-depth analytics on email campaign performance.
6. Plan Emails and Follow Ups : As you plan for your emails and work on them with great information which is helpful for your audience. But never forget to take timely follow ups from them as it may help you to engage your targeted audience with you and your efforts will help you convert your targeted audience into customers/clients.
7. Craft a Good Subject Line : A good starting point for any successful email marketing campaign is the subject line, which plays a crucial role in getting people to open and click your emails.
8. Focus on Email Marketing Design : Email design matters in any successful email marketing campaign. If your emails look terrible, that reflects badly on you, and can make people stop reading. With more people than ever reading emails on mobile devices, it’s important to use a responsive email template so your email resizes automatically whether people are reading it on a phone, tablet, or desktop. Most good emails have more text than images. There’s no denying that images make your email more attractive, but know that many people disable images. That means your email still has to work even if people can’t see them.
Advantages Of Email Marketing Campaign :
- Cost- effective – The costs of email marketing can be much lower than many other forms of marketing. There are no advertising fees, printing or media space costs.
- Permission-based – Your marketing list will be made up of people who have actively chosen to receive email communications from you. Customers who are genuinely interested in your products or services are more likely to engage with your business.
- Flexible Design – You can send plain text, graphics or attach files, whichever suits your message best. A choice of design options gives you scope to convey your business branding.
- Scalable – Email marketing can be used to reach large audiences or smaller targeted lists.
- Personalization and Segmentation – With email marketing you can personalize messages. You can also segment your marketing list, so that your customers receive messages from you that they are interested in – this will help boost their engagement with you.
- Shareable – It’s easy for people to forward and share your email content, building your reputation by word-of-mouth or viral marketing. This may help influence new customers to become followers of your brand.
- Conversions and Increased Sales – If you have a new promotion, people can click on links and follow your call-to-action immediately. Email marketing is also effective at every stage of the buying process.
- Measurable – You can evaluate the success of a campaign by using web analytics software. This allows you to optimize future campaigns.
- Less Interruptive – Unlike telephone marketing, recipients can read your message at a time that suits them. Customers can also update their preferences if they would like to receive different messages from you or unsubscribe if they feel they no longer want to receive your email communications.
- Environmentally-friendly – Email marketing is better for the environment than direct marketing by postal mail because nothing is printed.
- Time-saving – Through automation you can trigger emails to be sent to customers based on an action they have performed on your website. For example, send a welcome email when a user signs up to your website, or issue an email offering a discount incentive if user abandons an online shopping cart. Once you have developed a template you can reuse for numerous email campaigns.
- Real-time Marketing – Through email marketing you can connect with customers in real-time. Using automated triggers, such as website activity, recent purchase or shopping cart abandonment, you can reach the right audience, at the right time, in the right place and with the right offer.
I hope this blog is helpful with all the relevant information to make you understand about the Email Marketing and how it may be beneficial for you and your business.