What is Internship?
Internship is a practical experience opportunity offered by companies, to willing and capable beginners of a profession, for a fixed term. Internship is normally offers to the undergraduate student. It can be full time or part time for a fixed period, 6 months or 12 months. It is very beneficial for the students, which help them to learn the practical impact of their study and know about a specific industry. It gives you opportunity to apply your theoretical knowledge. Some companies’ gives stipend and some charges fee for providing research and other material. Now days in some fields of studies it is a requirement for accomplishment of degree
An internship is a structured experience that:
- Relates to a student’s major and/or career goal
- Enhances a student’s academic, career, and personal development
- Is supervised by a professional in the field
- Can be one academic term (summer, spring, fall) or multiple academic terms in length
- Is Paid or unpaid, part-time or full-time
- Is mutually agreed upon by the student, supervisor and/or faculty member
- Meets registration requirements for 0 credit hour or academic internship course
- Can also be called a Practicum or Co-Op
Benefits of an Internship
- Learn about a career field from the inside and decide if this is the right career field for you
- Work alongside a professional in your chosen career area
- Observe the workplace and see if it matches expectations
- Gain knowledge about a specific industry
Leadership and Skill Development
- Experience – One of the recurring themes in any entry level job search is lack of experience. “Where do I get experience if no one is willing to hire me?” The answer is simple: Get an internship!
- Learn new skills and add to your knowledge base while gaining confidence in your abilities
- Opportunity to practice communication and teamwork skills
- Provide evidence that you have initiative, are reliable, and have a sense of responsibility
- Apply some of the ideas learned in school and provide a bridge between school and the professional world
- Achieve a sense of accomplishment by contributing to an organization
- An internship offers you the chance to learn by doing in a setting where you are supervised by a work-place professional and have the opportunity to achieve your own learning goals, without the responsibilities of being a permanent employee.
Networking and Establishing Mentors and References
- Meet new people and practice networking skills while establishing a network of professional contacts, mentors, and references
- Open to door to advice on the next steps to take on your career path
- Gain valuable experience and accomplishments to add to your resume and/or enhance your application to graduate school
- Create an advantage over other job or graduate school applicants
- Potential for a full-time job offer at the end of the internship based on your performance
What Is a Professional Course?
Professional courses are special courses, offered at many colleges and universities, that put emphasis on professional development. Unlike academic courses, these courses usually do not require prerequisites, sometimes do not offer credits and are specifically oriented toward professionals wanting to enhance skills useful for their specific work environment. For example, West Liberty University offers professional courses in computer use, portfolio development, grant writing and administration. These courses are usually categorized under “Continuing Education” or “Professional Studies” at universities. You are awarded a professional certificate upon completion of a professional course.
5 Reasons Professional Courses Are Important For You
In this ever competitive world, you should always look for improvement in your area of expertise. Taking up a professional course is important to improve your performance in a given career. In order to acquire more advanced and better skills, many people today go for these professional courses. It further gives you confidence along with basic information. Professional courses offer a large array of benefits, that is why it is highly recommended to enroll in such courses.
A professional course feeds our continuous need to upgrade our skills. It enables candidate to identify their strengths as well as weaknesses. These professional courses are frequently adjusted according to the need of the industry which benefits both new aspirants and working professionals.
Let’s take a look at the advantages of professional courses:
- Keeps you in form
When you take up a professional course, you are exposed to not only the new and fresh ideas but it also keeps you updated with everything that is going in your area of interest. You are constantly faced with challenges running in the market such that solutions for the same can be generated. It helps in keeping you in form through constant learning.
- Sets you apart from others
In today’s competitive market, employers look for people who have a distinct quality to offer to their business. You get to inculcate new things and advanced concepts that give you the ability to face the challenges with a more tactical approach. You get to take more creative and innovative perspective toward solutions that will set you apart from others.
- Ability to contribute more
As you inculcate knowledge through constant learning, you have much more to contribute to your organisation than your counterparts who haven’t been a part of this professional development. Moreover, you are exposed to new ideas, perception and knowledge that gives you a competitive edge over others.
- Enhances your creativity
Creativity is something that never stops evolving but it needs constant feeding. Learning different ways to do a thing and getting acknowledged with the ongoing trends, enhances our creativity. You just can’t get stuck to your old means of doing things. By trying out different approaches continuously, you can improve your creativity and further sharpen it.
- Professional approach to customer demands
Professional course teaches you the best way to attract and engage your customers. Through this you can meet your clients’ demands more effectively and in a more professional manner. This increases the trust of your customers on you and they keep on coming for more.
There are a lot of professional courses out there for you to take on. For instance, you can go for best management college and it will help you in improving your management skills to a greater level. So, what are you waiting for, contact us and set the motions of your career in full gear!