Search engine optimization (SEO) is the practice of getting targeted traffic to a website from a search engine’s organic rankings. Common tasks associated with SEO include creating high-quality content, optimizing content around specific keywords, and building back links.
SEO is all about improving a site’s rankings in the organic (non-paid) section of the search results.
To understand the true meaning of SEO, we need to understand these three important factors:
- Quality of traffic: Believe me; you want to attract visitors who are genuinely interested in products that you offer. You need to understand the quality of your visitors and your customers.
- Quantity of traffic: Once you have the right people clicking through from those search engine results pages (SERPs), more traffic is better.
- Organic traffic: Organic traffic is any traffic that you don’t have to pay for. Ads make up a significant portion of many SERPs.
Why SEO is important?
In today’s competitive market, SEO marketing is more important than ever.
Search engine optimization is important because SEO is not only about search engines but good SEO practices improve the user experience and usability of a web site. Users trust search engines and having a presence in the top positions for the keywords the user is searching, increases the web site’s trust.
SEO is good for the social promotion of your web site. People who find your web site by searching Google or Yahoo are more likely to promote it on Facebook, Twitter, or other social media channels.
SEO is important for the smooth running of a big web site. Web sites with more than one author can benefit from SEO in a direct and indirect way. Their direct benefit is an increase in search engine traffic and their indirect benefit is having a common framework to use before publishing content on the site.
SEO can be broken down into 3 types:
- Technical SEO: With technical SEO you can ensure that search engines can crawl and index your website without any issues.
- On-Site SEO: Rules to apply on your site and content to make it search engine friendly.
- Off-Site SEO: Ways to promote your website or blog so that it can rank higher in search results.
In today’s Digital Era of Marketing, SEO is playing an important role in promoting and increasing the company’s website’s rankings in search results and helps in engaging with genuine customers and to promote their desired mission.
I hope this content was helpful for you to understand about SEO (Search Engine Optimization), and it’s importance in digital marketing.