What is Mobile SEO?
Mobile SEO is the practice of optimizing your website for smart phones and tablets users. In other words, mobile optimization includes making your site accessible to search engine spiders.
Why is Mobile SEO important?
The number of mobile searches is exploding. According to a research, 58% of all searches in Google are done from a mobile device. Today no matter what device you use, Google shows you results from their mobile index only.
So if your site:
- Doesn’t loads resources across all devices
- Hides content on mobile versions of your site
- Loads slowly according to mobile users expectations
- Doesn’t has working internal links and redirects
Then you need to use these advanced mobile SEO tips and practices:
#1 Fix your mobile CTR & get more traffic
- Organic Click through Rate (CTR) is a huge Google ranking factor.
- And, if Google sees that mobile users don’t click your result, then your site will rank down.
- You need to compare your desktop CTR with your mobile CTR and make sure that your desktop CTR doesn’t crush your mobile CTR for a certain keyword.
#2 Boost your mobile page speed
- As you are familiar with Google’s Mobile-first update, Google pays attention to your site’s mobile page speed.
- First do a mobile speed test a thinkwithgoogle.com so you get a helpful report that tells you how long it takes for your site to load on a mobile device and shows hoe to remove load speed roadblocks.
- Implement browser cache. Google itself recommend caching your site to make your site load faster.
- Fire up a CDN. CDNs can make page elements (especially images) load 2-3x faster.
#3 Turn mobile Donkeys into Unicorns
- Google’s Mobile-first index basically means that Google will start to put more weight on mobile user’s experience.
- If mobile searchers bounce from your site, then it’s going to affect your rankings.
- So you need to compare your desktop vs. mobile bounce rate and dwell some time in Google Analytics.
#4 Optimize Title and Description Tags for mobile SERPS
- Google actually gives you more title characters to work with your mobile.
- In other words, if your title tag is 69 or fewer characters, your title won’t get cut off on desktop or on mobile.
- So your title tag must be approximately 70 characters or more for desktop version of your site and 78 or more characters for mobile version of your site to rank high on Google’s search results.
#5 Implementation of AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
- Accelerated Mobile Pages are stripped down versions of web pages which are designed to load quickly on mobile devices. AMP pages load about 4x faster than their Non-AMP counterparts.
- As you should know, Google charges on AMP pages because AMP is a Google project, and lots of SEOs rushed to AMP for their sites.
- But don’t use AMP unless it’s really important. I personally recommend to stick to responsive design.
#6 Use Schema Structured Data to stand out in mobile SERPs
- Mobile SERPs display the search results as cards and these cards make schema.org structured data super effective.
- Well structured data can hook you up with great review stars in the SERPs which can significantly increase your organic CTR.
- So if you want more clicks from mobile Google searchers, consider implementing structured data.
So these were some advanced mobile SEO tips and practices which will be beneficial for your sites. I hope you like my content and gets lots of benefits from these tips.