Content is the king . It sells like hot-cake in the contemporary world that we live in. More so at a platform like LinkedIn, where marketing and branding yourself in a proper way can bring many benefits for you and your business. If you are a working professional looking for jobs, writing good quality articles on LinkedIn can work out good for your online reputation and might even fetch you a job.
It is important to understand few things before writing articles on LinkedIn:
- Linkedin is very different from other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and others. Nobody here asks you ‘what you’re up to?’ every time you open your profile. Here you have to brand and market yourself, your ideas, your brand and your area of work. So its very important that the article you write shows your expertise in that specific area. Quality always Matters!
- Whenever you write the articles, you get an option of sharing it with your networks on Linkedin which is in itself quite amazing. You don’t have to run behind anyone to get yourself noticed. Just write good quality articles, laden with your innovative ideas and your connections are bound to notice you.
- While writing the article, you should have a target audience in mind. Good quality content becomes popular quite easily. If it appeals to your connections, they might eventually share it which can earn you more audience and give you a bigger platform to showcase your ideas widely.
- Initially you might have a millions thoughts in your mind before you begin writing articles. But shed all of these thoughts away and go ahead. Keep writing.
- You can also add hashtags to your post before you publish it, which will make it easier for LinkedIn users searching for articles on specific topics.
- Most important of all, do not give up. The worst thing you can do is let your LinkedIn articles fall flat and be years apart. People are creatures of habit. If you stop posting LinkedIn articles after months of regularly sharing them, people will miss them. Post often and regularly, and those creatures of habit will begin to anticipate the next article and then engage.
Be creative and current, and regularly post your LinkedIn articles. The more you write and interact with people, the more known and shared you will become. Your LinkedIn articles represent you and your brand, and in turn, your business!